- Be friendly and polite with your gate agent and flight attendant. Actually, the first way is the easiest one. Cierra said the following: "The miracles we can work when we're given some Starbucks or a bag of chocolates – especially during those long days when we have back-to-back flights and don't even have time to get some food."
- Book tail seats. According to Mistt, most planes are "tail heavy," so flight attendants sometimes have to relocate passengers to "weight and balances purposes" if the flight is not fully booked. When these seating adjustments happen, "rear" passengers tend to be moved forward.
- You can ask for an upgrade directly if your flight has been overbooked. "Most airlines overbook every single flight they have. I'm not talking about one or two seats; I'm talking about 10-30 seats that have been oversold," Cierra explained. "If everyone shows up, including the extra passengers to whom tickets have been oversold, the airline has no choice but to compensate financially." Instead of accepting an airline voucher, Mistt said passengers could ask for a first-class upgrade, cash, or other incentives such as drinks, dinners, hotel stays, etc. By the way, these financial compensations can go up to $5.000.
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.