Actually, Hawaii already got through the tumultuous reopening. However, according to David Ige, Hawaii governor, the state was preparing to welcome back tourists truly and, despite the challenging conditions due to the Covid-19 pandemic, did it successfully on November 1st.
The Aloha State first reopened to visitors in the fall of 2020. Since then, it has introduced mandatory pre-travel testing and only in July abolished this requirement for fully vaccinated visitors. Then, in August, the state asked tourists to stay home due to an increase in the number of cases of Covid-19.
Even though the state is open for travel, there are some pretty strict entry requirements. Here are the most important you should keep in mind:
- First of all, you should provide a CDC Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card with your name, birth date, type of vaccine, date(s) vaccine was made, and lot number(s) for each vaccine dose;
- Secondly, you need to create an account and register with the State of Hawaii Safe Travels Hawaii web program - and it's not optional.
Let's speak about the tourists who aren't vaccinated. The only one way for them to visit the state and skip the mandatory 10-day quarantine is to confirm a negative test for Covid-19 from a reliable facility.
According to the statistics, Hawaii has more than 82,000 cases of Covid-19 and nearly 900 deaths. However, following an alarming surge in cases and deaths in August and September, the number of cases declined. Currently, 70% of residents are fully vaccinated.
By the way, we would like to give you one helpful tip. This information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Hawaii. So if you're flying from Louisville, Kentucky, you can use cheap airport parking Louisville. If you're coming from Milwaukee, Wisconsin, you can choose affordable parking near Mitchell Airport. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking prices, and much more.