You'll probably agree that people divide into two categories: those who like traveling by air and those who are really scared of it. The thing is that such anxiety during a flight can lead to a panic attack, and here we're getting the following question: what to do in this situation, and how can we help ourselves?
If you'd like to know the answers, you've come to the right place. Our new article will give you some helpful tips, which will help you during your next trip. So let's not waste time and check!
Helpful tips: what to do if you have a panic attack during a flight?
If you know that you can have a panic attack during a flight, just always keep in mind our recommendations we described below:
Focus on a breathing exercise.
In Kevin Chapman's opinion, a clinical psychologist from Kentucky specializing in anxiety-related disorders, people who panic don't usually breathe from the diaphragm, leading to hyperventilation. That's why he recommends slowly inhaling through the nose for four or five seconds and then exhaling from the mouth for six seconds. To help yourself, you can put your hand on your stomach to feel the breath going in and out - try to count it out and repeat the cycle several times.
Besides, it's recommended to use particular apps in such a situation. The good examples will be Headspace and Calm. Actually, they also offer different breathing exercises to help you calm down.
Use cold water.
Here everything is pretty simple - you just need to shock your system with cold water. So there are many options to do it:
- submerging a few fingers into the glass with cold water,
- rubbing a cold compress on the back of your neck,
- applying water to your neck,
- drinking ice water,
- splashing cold water on your face.
Actually, each of the methods works well.
Ask your doctor about the medication.
Panic attacks can also come out of nowhere. In this case, you can talk about it with your doctor and ask for a particular medication. It can be just anxiety medication or something more serious, such as a benzodiazepine. However, any pills require a consultation with a specialist, as each body needs individual medical care.
For some people, it actually works as follows: it's just much more comfortable when they know that their medication is nearby.
Some more helpful tips?
Apart from the recommendations in case of a panic attack during a flight, we would like to give you one more piece of advice. This information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Milwaukee, Wisconsin. So if you're flying from Memphis, Tennessee, you can use cheap MEM airport parking. If you're coming from Oakland, California, you can choose affordable Oakland airport parking with shuttle. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking costs, and much more.