To be true, flying to Florida turned out to be a nightmare for the last few months. That’s the reason why federal officials say they’re planning to fix all the problems with flights in this direction this summer.
Actually, air traffic to Florida has recovered from Covid-19 much faster compared with the other directions, so the airlines have scheduled even more Florida flights for the following summer. It means that the risk of potential massive disruptions considerably increases.
How can this problem be solved? On May 4th, the Federal Aviation Administration reported on the possible solutions:
- First of all, the officials are going to add more air traffic controllers,
- Besides, it’s planned to add staff at a key air traffic control center in Jacksonville and other places (however, the numbers haven’t been provided),
- The FAA has also agreed to update airlines more often about space launches and other events that can squeeze routes airlines use over Florida.
Notably, Southwest Airlines and JetBlue Airways, the major airline companies in the United States, blamed bad weather, air traffic control in Florida, and other factors for all the problems that led to more than 2,000 flight cancellations over three days last October and multiple cancellations last month accordingly.
In addition, the Federal Aviation Administration said it’s going to use more alternate routes – sometimes at lower altitudes to boost fuel burn – to make planes move after disruptions. The agency also announced it’ll draw up a plan for responding to snarls, equivalent to what it does in the New York City area.
Are you going to take a trip to Florida this summer?
If so, we would like to give you one helpful tip. This information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Jacksonville, Florida. This state is located in the southeastern United States. So if you're flying from Atlanta, Georgia, you can use cheap off-airport parking Atlanta
. If you're coming from Chicago, Illinois, you can choose affordable ORD parking with shuttle
. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking prices
, and much more.