What European spots should you pay special attention to?
1. Thingvellir, Iceland
Source: Tucker Monticelli/Unsplash
Thingvellir, also known as Þingvellir, is one of Iceland's most beautiful natural wonders, which has a long and rich history. The original Icelandic parliament, Aling, which is the oldest still-existing legislature in the world, was located there. At the meeting point of the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates, stroll along the route surrounded by high cliffs.
2. WWII Memorials of Berlin, Germany
Source: Maria Teneva/Unsplash
In November 1991, the wall separating East and West Germany was torn down, allowing for the reunification of what would become the economic engine of Europe. Essential stops include Checkpoint Charlie, the East Side Gallery, and the Memorial to the Murdered Jews of Europe.
3. Pompeii, Italy
Source: Andy Holmes/Unsplash
The Roman towns of Pompeii and Herculaneum were completely destroyed by a catastrophic eruption in the year 79 A.D. Every facet of life at the time, from the cart ruts in its cobblestone streets to its brothels, was preserved by the ash and pyroclastic flows erupting from Vesuvius. These towns are now interesting outdoor museums and a must-see on any journey to Italy.
4. The Vasa Ship, Sweden
Source: WEB AGENCY/Unsplash
The history of shipping in Stockholm is extensive and fascinating. The Vasa ship is the best of the bunch when it comes to the city's marine attractions. This boat never made it outside of Stockholm's port and sank on its maiden voyage in 1628. Later, it was found and meticulously repaired to allow visitors to fully appreciate its size and magnificence.
5. The Palace of Versailles, France
Source: Claire Smith/Unsplash
The Palace of Versailles, which was originally constructed as a hunting lodge by Louis XIII and later expanded by his son Louis XV to become the country's capital, welcomes an estimated ten million people each year. The palace had a brief tenure as a royal residence since Louis XVI was driven out during the French Revolution. But even today, guests are still in awe of this extravagant and magnificent palace and its surroundings.
Explore Europe at ease together with our smart booking platform – ParkingNearAirports.io!
Source: marieke koenders/Unsplash
In addition to our general recommendations, we would also like to give you one helpful tip – this information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast Service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
Source: Marc Wieland/Unsplash
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the US and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Sweden. So if you're flying from Denver, Colorado, USA, you can use cheap parking near DEN Airport. If you're coming from Knoxville, Tennessee, you can choose affordable off-site TYS long-term parking. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near US and Canadian airports, airport parking prices, and much more.