You don't simply have to wait in line at a museum to view breathtaking and ground-breaking artwork. Many of the best public artworks may be discovered on the streets for free, including huge pumpkins and political murals. Here are a few remarkable works of public art from various countries you should ever see with your own eyes. Let's get started!
Art lovers, are you ready for our small journey?
1. Angel of the North – Gateshead, England
Source: Boris YUE/Unsplash
The Angel of the North, a symbol of northeast England, watches over the lush Northumberland landscapes. The masterwork by Anthony Gormley is 64 feet tall and almost as big as a Jumbo Jet airliner, with a wingspan of 175 feet. The Angel of the North, which is regarded as the world's biggest angel statue, is thought to have had its body fashioned from a plaster cast of Gormley's own torso. The Angel of the North is seen by an estimated 90,000 people every day despite receiving criticism for being situated across a highway where it could pose a traffic danger.
2. East Side Gallery – Berlin, Germany
Source: Shawnn Tan/Unsplash
Graffiti and mural artists swarmed to a riverbank portion of the Friedrichshain neighborhood to paint it when the German people tore down the Berlin Wall in 1989. The merging of the BBK and VBK artist collectives gave rise to the concept for the East Side Gallery. Along the 4,300-foot section of wall, there are currently pieces by over 100 artists, including Kim Prisu, Jim Avignon, and Thierry Noir. The artworks depict everything from cartoon drawings of animals and people to a rendition of Pink Floyd's "The Wall," and they stand for freedom, amicable discussions, and communist wrath. The most well-known is arguably Dmitri Vrubel's "Fraternal Kiss," which shows East German ruler Erich Honecker and Soviet leader Leonid Brezhnev embracing.
3. Yellow Pumpkin – Naoshima, Japan
Source: henry perks/Unsplash
What does one do first when there is a space at the end of a pier on a calm beach? Of course, we should commission a huge yellow pumpkin by contemporary Japanese artist Yayoi Kusama. Pumpkins are Kusama's self-declared obsession. This was her chance to fully embrace her flamboyance because, in 2017, she launched an exhibition at the Hirshhorn Museum in Washington, D.C. to the winter squash. The outcome is a deep-blue background with a deep-yellow veggie with black polka dots. Since it's such a beloved monument, when weather predictors warn of the arrival of a typhoon, they pick it up and protect it.
Travel conveniently and enjoy masterpieces around the world together with us – ParkingNearAirports.io!
Source: Tim Mossholder/Unsplash
In addition to our special recommendations, we would also like to give you one more helpful tip – this information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast Service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
Source: Matthew Huang/Unsplash
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the US and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to England. So if you're flying from Miami, Florida, USA, you can use cheap parking near Miami Airport. If you're coming from San Jose, California, you can choose affordable SJC overnight parking. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near US and Canadian airports, airport parking fees, and much more.