To claim that anything in Europe is "underrated" is quite strange. How could one not admire the stunning landscapes of Finland or the charming shores of Italy, adorned with shells? The problem lies in the fact that when most people think of European attractions, they immediately imagine famous landmarks like the Eiffel Tower and the Trevi Fountain. While these places are undoubtedly awe-inspiring, focusing solely on them means missing out on other lesser-known yet equally captivating attractions. Here is a compilation of 3 of the most underappreciated attractions in Europe that definitely deserve a place on your travel itinerary. Let's explore them in detail together!
So what are the European destinations that are often overlooked and shouldn't be missed?
1. Campanile del Duomo di Messina (Sicily, Italy)
Source: Johan Mouchet/Unsplash
One of my personal favorites is the first place on our list. The region of Sicily is unfortunately not given enough credit, as many tourists visiting Italy tend to be more interested in seeing Rome and Pisa. However, this stunning island is filled with breathtaking natural sights and is also home to a remarkable clock tower. Known as Il Campanile del Duomo del Messina (The Astronomical Clock of the Cathedral of Messina), this tower is located next to one of Italy's elaborate Catholic churches. At exactly noon each day, a golden lion emerges from the top of the tower and lets out a roaring sound. This captivating performance lasts for nearly fifteen minutes, followed by the crowing of a rooster and the appearance of Jesus' apostles and family on a rotating pedestal, accompanied by uplifting music. Both tourists and locals gather in the square every day to marvel at this spectacle, which is nearly as enthralling as the clock tower itself. Experiencing the vibrations produced by the ringing bells in person is truly a one-of-a-kind sensation.
2. Lake Faak (Austria)
Source: Nikolett Emmert/Unsplash
Austria is famous for its magnificent and enigmatic castles, but those who don't take the time to visit Lake Faak are missing out. This stunning blue lake is the fifth largest in the country, boasting calm waters throughout most of the year. It provides the perfect opportunity to relax and unwind amidst the beauty of nature. Moreover, Lake Faak enjoys nearly 300 sunny days out of every year, making it even more delightful. Whether you prefer to simply sit on the shore and admire the picturesque scenery or try your hand at fishing, this lake offers something for everyone. And in case you're not entirely comfortable immersing yourself in nature, don't worry, as there are plenty of nearby hotels and restaurants to explore as well.
3. Santa Claus Village (Finland)
Source: 66 north/Unsplash
Our last stop on the itinerary provides one of the most cheerful atmospheres in the world. Situated in Rovaniemi, Lapland, Finland, Santa Claus Village is a delightful and cozy destination that allows you to experience the magic of the famous North Pole without needing winter attire. It features a fully operational snow village and Santa's Workshop, where you can even take a reindeer ride. Although the region receives limited daylight due to its close proximity to the actual North Pole, this is offset by the opportunity to witness the mesmerizing Aurora Borealis illuminating the sky above. These elements all come together to make this charming little city even more enchanting.
Fly away with confidence: ParkingNearAirports.io has your back!
Source: Maria Teneva/Unsplash
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
Sounds not so good, right? But there is one great solution in this situation – an off-site parking option!
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
Source: Tyler Lastovich/Unsplash
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars – safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is – on our easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in Portland, Oregon, USA and plan to visit Europe. Then, you can use the services of affordable long-term parking near PDX. If you're flying from Jacksonville, Florida, the situation is the same – choose cheap airport parking JAX. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking deals, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!