It's not a secret that each traveler wants to save as much money as possible during a trip. They're trying to do that with the help of cheap tickets and affordable accommodations, but make a huge mistake alongside - spend money at the airport that can save using some tricks.
If you want to get such helpful tips, you've come to the right place. Today's article will tell you about the three most popular mistakes tourists make at the airport that cost them money. So read carefully and avoid wasting money while traveling. Let's start!
Mistake №1: Choose on-site parking.
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service.
Sounds not so good, right? But there is one great solution in this situation - an off-site parking option.
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be forced to try to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car after. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight - the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars - safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is - on its easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in New York City and plan to visit Las Vegas. Then, you can use the services of cheap parking near New York JFK Airport. If you're flying from Las Vegas, the situation is the same - choose affordable parking near Las Vegas Airport. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking prices, and others. So check and enjoy your following trip together with us!
Mistake №2: Paying a lot for checked bags.
Most travelers don't pay money for checked bag fees. However, such fees can add a significant additional amount to your overall trip, especially if you have many bags and passengers. JetBlue, for instance, charges 35$ and 45$ for the first and second bags respectively. When you have the third bag, you will be "surprised" to find out it costs about 200 dollars.
The best recommendation we can give is to pay for all of your baggage online in advance if possible, as such a step can sometimes give you a discount. In addition, try to choose the airline that offers its clients free checked bags or get a co-branded airline rewards credit card that allows you to have perks like free checked bags. In this case, you'll be able to save some money before going on a trip.
Mistake №3: Going shopping.
Many of us have probably bought something in Duty-Free and noticed that the prices are much higher there. For example, at JFK Airport, a 1-liter bottle of Bacardi Gold will cost about 14-23$, depending on the shop's location. So if you need just a bottle of water, try to buy it in the store in advance not to overpay on the spot.