Even if you got used to traveling a lot, the night before a trip might be stressful. For example, if you forget something to take with you, a dash to the airport in the morning can leave an unpleasant impression for the rest of your journey. In this case, developing a pre-trip routine can help you avoid stress and be ready to go. Below you’ll find 5 things you should do the night before a trip.
1. Settle your pets
It’s quite difficult to leave your beloved pets at home for the time of travel. Besides, you have to make sure they’ll be okay without your care. First of all, book a house sitter or ask somebody for help, and then, check they’ll have enough food and their favorite threats.
2. Make sure all devices are backed up
It’s so easy to take photos with our smartphones, but sometimes, we forget how much we can lose if, for example, a fraudster steals it. In that case, it would be best to back up all of your devices to ensure they won't be at risk, even if you find yourself in such an unpleasant situation.
3. Charge your batteries
You’ll agree that there is nothing more frustrating than a long layover at the airport with free Wi-Fi when your batteries are dead. So don’t be lazy to charge all of your devices in advance, as well as take with you spare batteries.
4. Download or print out maps
Again, we’re used to relying on the maps in our smartphones, but it hasn’t been canceled that your batteries can die or something can glitch on your device. That’s why we recommend you print out all the maps that might be helpful for you while traveling. It’s also good to highlight the location of your hotel on the map if a taxi driver won’t be able to find it.
5. Check you have enough cash
Nowadays, all people rely on credit and debit cards, but it’s always worth taking with you some cash. Actually, exchange kiosks at most airports don’t offer competitive rates. It's better then to solve the problem ahead of time so you won't have to worry about not being able to pay the bill in the restaurant or buy return tickets back home.
What else should you know before going on a trip?
In addition to the things you should do the night before a trip, we would like to give you one more helpful tip. This information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Las Vegas, Nevada. So if you're flying from New York City, you can use cheap parking Buffalo Airport. If you're coming from Charlotte, North Carolina, you can choose affordable Charlotte Douglas International Airport parking. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking prices, and much more.