Nowadays, there are probably only a few people who have never traveled by air. The algorithm of steps we need to take before boarding a plane is learned by heart by many of us.
Before a flight, flight attendants provide guidance to all the passengers onboard, including instructions on the following crucial moments:
- How to fasten your seatbelts properly,
- What should you do in case of an emergency,
- The availability of an emergency exit, and others.
However, there are some issues connected with a flight that we’re really concerned about, but nobody gives us the answers – it might be even hidden.
Today’s article will tell you about the 3 pilots’ job secrets you’ll be surprised about. So let’s not waste time and unveil the mystery!
Requirements for pilots and flight attendants
First of all, you might be surprised that the crew of any aircraft, no matter if it's a transport or a passenger aircraft, is provided with increased requirements. Obviously, those requirements must be definitely followed, and below you’ll see the most unusual ones:
- The pilots aren’t allowed to grow a beard. Why, you may ask? Actually, everything is straightforward – if the aircraft hull is damaged, it’s necessary to quickly put on an oxygen mask, and the beard won’t allow it to fit closely to the face.
- Pilots and flight attendants’ mealtimes. It’s another requirement, which is difficult to understand for a person who is far from flight-related professions. According to existing rules, the first and the second pilots eat completely differently. Due to the increased danger and extreme attentiveness during the flight, one of the pilots should always be able to react quickly to any unforeseen situation or even a slight deviation from the norm. If the pilots receive the same food, there is a chance of food poisoning. In this case, both pilots will step out of line for some time, which is completely unacceptable, because there will be no one to control the aircraft at that time. After all, during flights control of the situation must be constant.
- Taking a break. If one of the pilots needs to go to the toilet for a minute, their place is necessarily taken by a flight attendant. This additional measure will ensure the safety of passengers and crew in case the pilot controlling the aircraft needs assistance. After all, the pilots have an enormous responsibility for the lives of many people onboard, so no safety net can be superfluous.
Traveling a lot?
If so, it might be also interesting for you to get some helpful tips for your following trip, apart from pilots’ job secrets. This information will be especially handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Orlando, Florida. So if you're flying from Cincinnati, Ohio, you can use cheap CVG overnight parking. If you're coming from New Orleans, Louisiana, you can choose affordable parking near MSY Airport. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking fees, and much more.