Want to enjoy breathtaking views of the Canadian Rockies? Or, probably, roll through the unspoiled wilds of Scotland? If so, you've come to the right place – today's article tells you about the 3 most jaw-dropping train routes around the world. Get ready to be truly amazed by the landscapes and history you'll never be able to see while traveling by plane or car. So read carefully and… all aboard!
1. Rocky Mountaineer – Vancouver to Banff, Canada
This train route will provide you with a unique opportunity to see one of the most awe-inspiring views ever with your own eyes. Along with an endless landscape of snow-capped mountain peaks, Rocky Mountaineer will bring you from the shores of the Pacific Ocean to Banff, Canada's majestic national park. There, you'll be able to head to the cosmopolitan city of Vancouver, and then weave alongside steep canyons, finding yourself in the untamed wilderness of the Canadian Rockies at the end of the trip. The first-class service, food, drinks, and scenery are attached as well.
2. Tranzalpine – Christchurch to Greymouth, New Zealand
Want to take in the Southern Alps of New Zealand? If so, aboard TranzAlpine, New Zealand's jaw-dropping rail journey – it's actually the best way to make your dreams come true. Taking such an opportunity, you'll be able to enjoy the South Island's stunning natural landscape. In addition, during this trip from Christchurch to Greymouth, you'll have a chance to witness epic vistas, voyage along the edges of the ice-fed Waimakariri River, and wind through miles of native beech forest. The perfect stop on this way is Moana, which is located amid a remote mountain paradise midway between Arthur's Pass and Greymouth – the same place is home to the idyllic Lake Brunner. In short, this journey will definitely become a trip of a lifetime.
3. West Highland Line – Glasgow to Mallaig, Scotland
If you're a fan of the Harry Potter movies, this journey will definitely become your favorite one. It'll start from Platform 9 ¾ and will lead to the Scottish Highlands. The West Highland Line is actually a perfect way to learn about Scotland's western coast. Choosing precisely this option, you'll be able to explore the bustling city of Glasgow, gently winding your way through verdant glens and serene lochs. After that, the train will also pass Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the British Isles. Besides, pay special attention to the Ben Nevis Distillery if you're willing to drink Scotch, and taste "Uisge beatha", the water of life, as well.
Do you prefer traveling by plane?
If you're a flying enthusiast, we would like to give you one helpful tip as well – this part of the article will be especially handy for you.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Canada. So if you're flying from Houston, Texas, you can use cheap Bush International Airport parking. If you're coming from Canada, you can choose affordable YUL long-term parking. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking costs, and much more.