Today, August 3rd, American Airlines reported its investment in ZeroAvia, a leading light in aviation powered by hydrogen and producing no emissions. Along with the investment, a memorandum of understanding gives American the option to acquire up to 100 engines from ZeroAvia's initiative for developing hydrogen-electric powertrains. The engines are designed to provide zero emissions for regional jet aircraft.
Derek Kerr, American's Chief Financial Officer, stated that the company's investment in ZeroAvia's cutting-edge hydrogen-electric engine technology "has the potential to play a major role in the future of sustainable aviation." "As we construct American Airlines to prosper forever, we're thrilled to contribute to this industry breakthrough and look forward to studying how these engines may serve the future of our airline."
In order for the revolutionary propulsion technology developed by ZeroAvia to be used in the regional jet market in the future, it must first receive specific type certifications. Passengers should be able to board regional jets with zero emissions as early as the late 2020s thanks to the ZA2000-RJ engine.
According to Val Miftakhov, founder and CEO of ZeroAvia, "having assistance from the biggest airline in the world is a strong indication of the progress we're making on the development of hydrogen-electric, zero-emission aircraft." "We're dedicated to providing sustainable travel, and we're pleased that American, a notable leader in the sector, recognizes ZeroAvia as a component of the future of aviation," the company said.
With this investment, America is taking another step forward in attaining its ambitious climate goals, which include having net-zero greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions by 2050. Along with the plan and developments detailed in American's most recent Environmental, Social, and Governance Report, the airline has also recently made the following sustainability-related efforts:
- Receiving from Neste the first ever batch of sustainable aviation fuel (SAF) with CORSIA certification.
- Obtaining the largest SAF commitment yet for American, a deal to buy 500 million gallons of SAF from Gevo, Inc. over five years.
- Become the first airline in the world to have its 2035 GHG emission reduction goals validated by the Science Based Targets initiative.
Are you flying often with American Airlines?
Source – Shutterstock. Aircraft turbine is an engine, under the wing
If so, we would like to give you one helpful tip – this information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
Source – Shutterstock. Plane flying towards a contrail cross
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the U.S. and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to San Antonio, Texas. This state is located in the southern US. So if you're flying from Oakland, California, you can use cheap Oakland Airport parking lots. If you're coming from New Orleans, Louisiana, you can choose affordable parking near MSY. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near U.S. and Canadian airports, airport parking fees, and much more.