American Airlines Group Inc.'s decision to reduce more than 14,000 domestic flights in December will have a significant impact on two of the routes it operates out of Buffalo Niagara International Airport.
According to information provided in August to the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority, American Airlines (NASDAQ: AAL), which operates Buffalo Niagara International Airport, will reduce the number of flights from Buffalo to Philadelphia International Airport and Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
A revised schedule at O'Hare will reduce 74 flights to 57 – a 23% decrease. The number of flights in December in Philadelphia will drop from 90 to 58 – a 32% reduction.
During an August earnings call, American Airlines CEO Robert Isom promised investors the following:
"We will size the airline for the demand that's out there."
For instance, American Airlines flies regional planes with 76 seats on its flights between Chicago and Philadelphia, and Airbus 321 and 319 jets with 190 seats and 128 seats, respectively, to Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
For the months of August through October this year, American Airlines exempted Buffalo from budget cuts.
American Airlines will operate 319 aircraft in December, departing from Buffalo for destinations including Chicago, Washington, Dallas-Fort Worth, Charlotte, and Philadelphia. From the 374 in December 2021, that's a decrease of 14.7%.
The local budget cuts are a result of American Airlines' issues with pilot scheduling and a decline in passengers.
American's seat availability for its different flights departing from Buffalo in December is 32,451, down 7.7% from the 34,950 in December 2021.
A total of 223,827 outward tickets are currently available at the Buffalo airport from its airlines – American, Delta, Frontier, JetBlue, and Southwest. This is a 20.3% increase over the 185,972 booked in December 2021.
20% of the commercial aviation traffic over Buffalo is managed by American Airlines.
Choose ParkingNearAirports.io and travel profitably and conveniently!
Source – Shutterstock. FAA control tower at the Buffalo Niagara International Airport – Buffalo, NY
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
Sounds not so good, right? But there is one great solution in this situation – an off-site parking option!
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars – safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is – on our easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in New York and plan to visit Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Then, you can use the services of cheap parking near Buffalo Airport. If you're flying from Philadelphia, the situation is the same – choose affordable PHL off-site parking. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking rates, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!