To resume the service that was discontinued in March 2020 during the early stages of the pandemic, the major airline at SFO announced cooperation with Jaguar North America on Wednesday.
According to a United (Nasdaq: UAL) official, the service is provided as a surprise and joy to certain Premier members who have close connections. This might include Global Services members and 1K flyers.
The surprise is revealed to those who are fortunate enough to be chosen for United's gate-to-gate transfer service when they arrive at the hub airport, where they have a close connection. A specialist Premier Services representative meets the traveler at the airport and directs them to the Jaguar waiting to take them to their next flight.
The service will be provided by United using an entirely electric fleet of 2023 Jaguar I-PACE HSE cars, making it the first all-electric gate-to-gate transfer service to run in the country.
By year's end, the program will be available at SFO, as well as the carrier's other hubs in Los Angeles, Denver, Houston, Washington-Dulles, Newark, and New Jersey. The service launches this month in Chicago-O'Hare.
The Jaguars are anticipated to aid more than 1,000 United travelers every day once they're operational at each of those hubs.
Here's what Luc Bondar, vice president of marketing and loyalty and president of MileagePlus at United, highlighted:
"The new United-Jaguar ground transfer program offers travelers a moment of luxury and ease while also improving sustainability standards for the airline industry. As we're aware that clients take sustainability into account when making travel plans, partnering with Jaguar to deploy an all-electric fleet is not only a wise economic decision – it's also the ethical thing to do."The resumption of this well-liked service is the most recent indication that the aviation sector is bouncing back from the pandemic. This month, United CEO Scott Kirby told investors that a new norm has emerged in aviation as a result of how hybrid-work flexibility has altered leisure travel and made it possible for people to turn any weekend into a holiday weekend.
"This is the new baseline – not pent-up demand."
Choose ParkingNearAirports.io and travel profitably and conveniently as well!
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in Chicago, Illinois and plan to visit San Francisco, California. Then, you can use the services of cheap off-site ORD parking with shuttle. If you're flying from San Francisco, the situation is the same – choose affordable long-term parking near SFO. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking deals, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!