Data presented Friday, December 16th at the monthly board meeting of the Allegheny County Airport Authority revealed that through the first 11 months of 2022, there were 7.4 million more passengers than there were in 2021 (6.7 million).
Simply comparing November to November 2021, passenger traffic increased by 5%.
As a result, Pittsburgh International is regaining ground and getting back to pre-epidemic levels. The CEO of the Allegheny County Airport Authority, Christina Cassotis, stated on Friday that traffic is still 83% higher than it was in 2019 despite airline staffing shortages and a decline in business travel, which are hurting the industry overall.
The demand situation is still strong, Cassotis added, with leisure (travel) taking the lead but with more business activity than in prior months.
"We find that encouraging."Southwest Airlines, which transports 25.4% of all passengers into and out of Pittsburgh International Airport in November, is the leading airline by market share. Following that are United (15%), American Airlines (22.6%), and Delta Air Lines (17.1%).
The increasing travel is due to the return of demand, as well as airline expansion, with nine routes set to begin operating again or expanding in the coming year. In June, British Airways began regular service between London and Pittsburgh. The company will boost that service in 2023, and a more recent airline, Breeze Airways, will also increase service. Air Canada has started flying to Montreal, and Sun Country Airlines will improve service on the Pittsburgh-Minneapolis route.
"That's giving us good momentum going into the following year."This argument was strengthened even further by Southwest's statement that starting in July, it would add daily flights to Atlanta and Denver, as well as Houston, Myrtle Beach, and other destinations.
Not such good news has been reported on the cargo front. The airport's cargo volume is down 10.9% from the prior year, which is a problem because the industry as a whole, not just Pittsburgh, is being affected by the decline. Another market is down 40%, according to Cassotis.
Choose us – ParkingNearAirports.io – and always travel in complete comfort!
Source: Menghan Zhang/Unsplash
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania and plan to visit Denver, Colorado. Then, you can use the services of cheap parking near Pittsburgh International Airport. If you're flying from Denver, the situation is the same – choose affordable Denver Airport valet parking. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking prices, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!