Traveling abroad can be an exciting and eye-opening experience. However, it's important to prioritize safety while exploring new destinations. Today, we'll provide you with the 5 key safety tips to keep in mind while traveling abroad. Let's get to it!
Here's what you should remember while being overseas…
1. Research your destination
Before heading to a new destination, it's important to do some research to familiarize yourself with the local customs and potential safety risks. Check the US Department of State's website for travel advisories and warnings, and research local laws and customs to avoid inadvertently offending or breaking any rules. Additionally, learn about transportation options and neighborhoods to avoid after dark.
2. Keep important documents safe
Losing your passport, identification, or other important documents can be a major headache while traveling abroad. Keep copies of your passport, visa, and other important documents in a separate location, and consider using a travel wallet or pouch that can be worn discreetly under your clothing. Also, make sure to keep a record of emergency contact information, including the nearest US embassy or consulate.
Source: Paico Oficial/Unsplash
3. Stay alert
Traveling can be tiring, but it's important to stay alert to your surroundings and any potential safety risks. Avoid flashing expensive electronics or jewelry, and be wary of anyone trying to distract or pickpocket you. It's also a good idea to stay in well-lit areas and avoid walking alone after dark.
4. Know how to get help
In the event of an emergency, it's important to know how to get help. Keep the phone number of local emergency services and the nearest US embassy or consulate on hand. If you're traveling with a group or staying in a hotel, make sure everyone knows the emergency procedures and the location of emergency exits.
5. Trust your instincts
If something feels off, trust your instincts and take steps to protect yourself. Whether it's avoiding a particular street or declining an invitation from a stranger, it's important to prioritize your safety and well-being while traveling abroad.
Make your next trip much more convenient together with ParkingNearAirports.io!
Source: Fredrik Öhlander/Unsplash
In addition to our travel tips, we would also like to provide you with one more piece of advice – this information will be handy for those who prefer to travel by air.
If you get to the airport by car, you always need to find a good parking space for your vehicle to leave for the period of a trip. In most cases, airports have special on-site parking for that purpose. However, such a parking lot is pretty costly most of the time, and people aren't ready to spend a lot of money at the beginning of a trip. So is there any solution?
The best way to solve this problem is to choose off-site parking. Why, you may ask? We will explain.
There are many reasons which can prove the benefit of this parking type. Here are some of them:
- Affordable Rates. Depending on the duration of your trip, you can choose between short-term and long-term airport parking. Anyway, an off-site airport is much cheaper, so you can save your money and spend the most considerable amount on things you really want to see or try while traveling.
- Fast Service. In contrast with on-site airport parking, which can take quite a long time, off-site parking offers you the convenience of driving directly to the entrance and having a staff member pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle. Then they will park your car for you. After your baggage is loaded, you can take your seat in the shuttle, which will bring you and your bags to the airport. It is a hassle-free option that is usually faster.
- Convenience. When people travel, they may be stressed about making it to the airport on time. If you use off-site parking, you will definitely make your travel experience more convenient, as you use the service of a private company. Even though you may be able to park on-site at the airport in a short-term or long-term airport parking lot, consider using an off-site parking lot service.
Source: Tom Barrett/Unsplash
We are glad to say that our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, offers travelers online reservations for parking just outside airports that are convenient and affordable. Our experienced team is dedicated to providing travelers parking options at over 100 airports in the US and Canada. The app allows customers to search and compare parking rates at up to 70 percent savings compared to the cost of on-site parking at all major airports.
With our platform, it only takes a few clicks in the app to reserve a parking spot. Guests receive a booking confirmation and a guaranteed parking space upon arrival at the off-airport parking. In addition, the app helps customers locate the most convenient lots to the airport. Cancellations are easy if plans change with hassle-free, refundable cancellations.
Besides this, we also offer services for top cruise ports in Florida, Louisiana, Maryland, New Jersey, and Texas.
Now let's take a good example. Imagine that you're planning a trip to Europe. So if you're flying from Atlanta, Georgia, USA, you can use the closest parking to Atlanta Airport. If you're coming from Toronto, Ontario, Canada, you can choose valet parking Toronto Airport. It just depends on the place you're flying from.
You can always find everything you need on our official website: the best deals for parking near US and Canadian airports, airport parking prices, and much more.