With an impressive 12,380 miles of shoreline, the United States is teeming with breathtaking beaches. Whether you're seeking tropical getaways, rugged coves, state parks, or excellent surf spots, there is a wide range of options for a beach vacation in this country. However, these sandy stretches often become packed with other beachgoers, driving us to find hidden gems along the coast. If you have the willpower, here are some secret beaches that should remain off the radar. Let's get to it!
So which American beaches should remain undisclosed secrets?
1. Mustang Island State Park, Texas
Source: Natilyn Photography/Unsplash
Mustang Island, a narrow stretch of sandy land, can be found between Corpus Christi Bay and the Gulf of Mexico. It serves as a beautiful coastal sanctuary for various wildlife, particularly sea turtles. Among the visitors are the green sea turtle and the critically endangered Kemp's ridley. These creatures come to the beach between April and July to lay their eggs. Fortunately, there is plenty of space for both humans and sea turtles to enjoy. Mustang Island offers a vast five-mile sandy shoreline that caters to various beach activities. In addition, it's worth mentioning that this state park is dog-friendly, so don't forget to bring your furry companions along.
2. Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
Source: Ava W./Unsplash
You can indeed take a break from the crowds while on vacation in and near Honolulu. We assure you! When visitors flock to the North Shore beaches, follow the example of the locals and spend time at Lanikai Beach. Lanikai, meaning Heavenly Sea, lives up to its name with its inviting, bath-like waters. The picturesque curve of pure white sand, bordered by palm trees, embodies the essence of Hawaiian paradise. Here, you can bask in the serene beauty of the Mokula islands without being disturbed by large groups of tourists or resort staff.
3. Cuttyhunk Island, Massachusetts
Source: Anke Talbot/Unsplash
Cuttyhunk Island is not as well-known as its neighbors, Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard, and Nantucket. However, this small island, located on the outermost part of the Elizabeth Islands, is definitely worth a short ferry ride from New Bedford. To fully experience the island, don't forget to bring your bike as it's arguably the best way to explore. Relaxing with a good book on Cuttyhunk's shores is a wonderful way to enjoy the cool Atlantic breeze and beach grass. For those looking for some water activities, Church's Beach on the north end is the most popular spot, perfect for swimming and watersports. Before returning to the mainland on the ferry, be sure to try some local oysters or enjoy a refreshing ice cream.
4. Coon Creek Beach, California
Source: Ganapathy Kumar/Unsplash
California is known for its crowded beaches, making it difficult to find a hidden gem. However, fret not, because we have the perfect solution for you. Allow us to introduce Coon Creek Beach. When the hustle and bustle of rental motorhomes and convertibles along Highway 1 becomes overwhelming, this sandy cove offers a much-needed escape. The most ideal way to reach this beach is by hiking south from Montaña de Oro State Park. If you have ample time, you can even continue your journey to Point Buchon, where you can enjoy breathtaking views of Big Sur's majestic cliffs and the crashing waves of the Pacific Ocean.
5. Rye on the Rocks, New Hampshire
Source: Peregrine Photography/Unsplash
Many surfing enthusiasts would concur that Bass Beach, also known as Rye on the Rocks, is regarded as the top surfing spot along the 16-mile New Hampshire coastline. Although it may be somewhat of a hidden gem, the locals are known for their warm hospitality. So, gather your surfboard, venture out into the ocean, and experience the exhilaration of conquering powerful waves that crash onto the visible rocks. In addition, the nearby Jenness State Beach offers excellent opportunities for leisurely strolls and discovering fascinating tidal pools.
Your airport parking oasis: escape the stress and relax with us – ParkingNearAirports.io!
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
Sounds not so good, right? But there is one great solution in this situation – an off-site parking option!
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars – safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is – on our easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in San Antonio, Texas and plan to visit Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii. Then, you can use the services of affordable parking near SAT Airport. If you're flying from Burbank, California, the situation is the same – choose cheap Burbank Airport parking. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking deals, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!