The lack of pilots and low demand on particular routes, according to management, were the driving forces behind the choice. This Fort Worth, Texas-based air carrier has already left eighteen markets since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic after quitting the three American cities stated above.
The last day of services in Columbus, Georgia is scheduled for April 3rd, 2023, according to an AAL representative.
"This decision was actually made because of weak demand and the regional pilot shortage affecting the airline industry. Customers who are booked to travel will be proactively contacted by us with alternative arrangements."The US airline sector is severely affected by a pilot shortage. Airlines advised their staff to take advantage of early retirement benefits when the pandemic was at its worst and demand for air travel fell sharply. They're understaffed as a result of the stronger-than-expected rise in demand for air travel.
Due to this labor shortage, major US cities no longer receive service from airlines like American Airlines and Delta Air Lines. According to reports, Delta will be the sole airline offering flights at the Columbus Airport after AAL departs.
Travel to any destination worldwide with comfort together with us – ParkingNearAirports.io!
Source: Arthur Reeder/Unsplash
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
Source: Forsaken Films/Unsplash
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars – safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is – on our easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in Chicago, Illinois and plan to visit Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Then, you can use the services of affordable parking near Chicago Airport. If you're flying from Fort Lauderdale, the situation is the same – choose cheap FLL valet parking. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking deals, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!