According to Virgin Atlantic's CEO Shai Weiss, the multiple layoffs in the field, both in the US and the UK, "have an influence" on the tourism sector.
Here's what he stated:
"The developments in the tech world, to which we are, of course, subject, are big flyers across the Atlantic and beyond."
The CEO also highlighted the almost 40-year-old airline's nearly 40 destinations, such as San Francisco, Seattle, and Austin, Texas, which are "high conurbation locations for technological businesses." The company is owned by billionaire Richard Branson's Virgin Group and Delta Air Lines.
Weiss, who took over in 2019, added:
"When they decide to downsize their employment, it will influence the travel business more broadly."
However, the CEO's prediction that business travelers will return in full force by year's end hasn't changed.
Tech layoffs have increased recently as businesses try to cut costs after hiring too much during the Covid-19 outbreak. When people were compelled to work remotely, the demand for their goods and services grew, which was profitable for the enterprises.
Heavy giants including Amazon, Google parent Alphabet Inc., Twitter, Facebook parent Meta, Microsoft, Dell, Zoom, and Salesforce have already cut hundreds of thousands of positions.
Based on the Layoffs.fyi data (a website that analyzes job cutbacks in the field), more than 101,000 worldwide tech employees have already lost their jobs nearly six weeks into the new year.
Many tech companies are now bigger than they were three years ago, despite the downsizing. Even with the layoffs, the social media business stated, its headcount will be larger than it was a year earlier when Snap eliminated 20% of its workforce in August. In the previous few years, its staff has increased to over 5,600 people.
A small percentage of the business audience is also in the tech sector.
According to Weiss, by the end of 2023, corporate travel is anticipated to reach pre-pandemic levels. 80% of 2019's levels have already been surpassed for corporate travel over the entire system of the long-haul carrier.
While it's going on, Weiss noted that Virgin Atlantic is having a significant uptick in leisure travel, with record bookings just in the first month of the new year. This shows how travelers are still looking for new experiences.
Make your next trip absolutely convenient together with ParkingNearAirports.io!
Source: Israel Andrade/Unsplash
You might be surprised about this fact because most people are confident that on-site parking is the best choice when you're traveling by air. But, actually, it's not true, and we'll explain why.
People who prefer to get to the airport by car think that it's the most convenient option since on-site parking is the nearest place to the airport where it's possible to park a vehicle safely for the period of a trip. However, they make a huge mistake, as there is a big chance to face many following difficulties:
- You will need to find a spot in a crowded lot,
- You will need to carry the luggage all the way through the parking lot,
- You must pay expensive fees without great service, and much more.
Sounds not so good, right? But there is one great solution in this situation – an off-site parking option!
The off-site parking service has many advantages, which will definitely convince you to change your choice during the next trip:
- First of all, it's much cheaper. On-site parking can become too costly for you, as the price for such a parking type might equal half the value of the whole trip. The cost of the off-site parking, in turn, will be not so high, offering alongside free shuttles going back and forth between the parking lot and the airport.
- Secondly, it's much faster. By choosing an on-site parking option, you'll be needed to find a free spot in a crowded lot, which takes a lot of time. However, by selecting an off-site parking option, you'll be able to drive directly to the entrance, where staff members will help you to pull your luggage out of your vehicle and load it into the shuttle, as well as park your car securely for you. Finally, a free shuttle will bring you and your bags to the airport.
- Thirdly, it's much more convenient. No more worries about being late to the airport and your flight – the off-site parking is a hassle-free option that is usually faster. Since you use the services of a private company, people want to be sure you're satisfied with the quality and comfort of the services provided, so you don't need to wrack your brain about the quick path to the airport anymore.
As for the companies that provide the best off-site parking services, we've prepared an ideal option for you. Our booking platform, ParkingNearAirports.io, built excellent relationships with many parking lot operators to leave customers satisfied and their cars – safe. Furthermore, it doesn't matter what the airport you're flying from is – on our easy-to-navigate website, https://parkingnearairports.io/, you'll find the best deals for all the major airports and cruise ports in the United States and Canada.
To understand it better, we can give you an example. Let's imagine that you live in Miami, Florida and plan to visit Newark, New Jersey. Then, you can use the services of affordable parking near Miami International Airport. If you're flying from Newark, the situation is the same – choose cheap EWR valet parking. So, as you can understand, everything works simply.
By the way, on our website, you can find all the required information about the advantages of off-site parking, airport parking deals, and others. So travel profitably and enjoy your following trip together with us!